Nottinghamshire Lib Dems Manifesto 2021
© 2021 - Nottinghamshire Liberal Democrats
All Rushcliffe Lib Dem candidates are campaigning for the following:
A Fairer, Greener, more Caring County
Proud of Nottinghamshire - Eager for Improvements
Our Rushcliffe County Council Candidates are committed to:
• Open accountability. Listen to residents. Value public services
• No more outsourcing other than to mutual enterprises
• End costly looks at reorganisation, focus on sharing back offices between Councils
• Fight to undo the Conservative Governments savage cuts to local government
• Change the budget which has short-changed local care services
Fairness: Better Care & Education Services - looking after those who look after us
• Improve Children's Services, Sure Start, Carers Support and Youth Services
• Provide extra care facilities for residents who are elderly or disabled.
• End the lack of Secondary School Places - stop shipping children from West Bridgford to Chilwell and Keyworth.
• Public Health given more prominence. Better integration of Health and Care.
• Invest in our social care workforce.
Look after the environment
• Lead action on climate change by example reducing carbon emissions: improve energy efficiency of buildings & all car and van replacements to be electric.
• Fight to preserve the greenbelt. No selling off our Parks.
• More tree planting (Notts has relatively low levels of trees).
• Wildlife and Residents need green spaces for exercise.
• Oppose Conservative Plans to build on Edwalton Golf Course.
• Save the rest of Sharphill.
• No Fracking in Notts.
Invest in the county's future
• Build much needed new social homes to high eco standards; must not harm habitats, water courses and nearby residents.
• Create a new Trent Crossing east of the City to the A52: take pressure of existing bridges.
• Expand 20mph limits [20s Plenty]. Many residential streets would be safer, less noisy and better for walking and cycling. Provide joined up cycle routes.
• Economic development and employment initiatives.
• Expand the tram network
• Public electric charging points across most communities
• Integrated ticketing system for public transport - our own Oyster Card