2021 Elections > NCC > Candidates > Linda Abbey
Living with my family in Rushcliffe for over 30 years, I have had the privilege to be able to work as a volunteer and a councillor in a variety of ways for the benefit of our local communities.
Initially, I was a volunteer at Keyworth Nature Reserve, later becoming the Chair of its Management Group. I served for 24 years as a Parish Councillor in Keyworth including as Chair and led the Keyworth Neighbourhood Development Plan 2011-16. I was a Rushcliffe Borough Councillor from 2011-2015. I am currently the Chair of Keyworth Conservation Area Advisory Group and I continue my life-long interest in planning matters.
Teaching in primary and secondary education in Nottinghamshire, I then became Assistant Head in an all-age Special School and Co-ordinator for Inclusion Team support for children with additional needs in mainstream schools.
How I Would Serve you
As your county councillor, I would use my long-term experience of listening to and acting on the wishes of local people to serve all residents across the Keyworth Division.
• Living standards: push for high-quality new development, campaign for quality affordable housing and rental provision to meet community need.
• Caring for our residents: press for more integrated, person-centred care, including more support for child and family services and more supported living options for older residents.
• Caring for our Environment: seek protection for our 'open spaces', promote green initiatives to improve air quality, promote integrated transport links, recognise the importance of trees and woodland for well-being.
• Business: support ways of keeping local businesses viable and welcome diversification in the rural economy.
• Education and Training: back initiatives to provide opportunities for people to develop skills to be the
best they can.